008 field - Language [3.0.3 version]

nsid
Hi all,

I just noticed that there are changes in the way that 008 field behaves in the new version.

I can't' find a way to add the language information though.

As you see in the screenshot bellow, the drop down menu doesn't provide the cataloguer with the languages.

And when I click on "More information" there is no a relevant option any more:

Re: 008 field - Language [3.0.3 version]

Verus Open Source Support
In the home directory, you will find 2 files, countries.xml and languages.xml.
Delete and open the 008 panel again. You will now see languages and countries

A permanent fixture for this issue will be provided soon

On 09/12/2011 12:52 PM, nsid [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Hi all,

I just noticed that there are changes in the way that 008 field behaves in the new version.

I can't' find a way to add the language information though.

As you see in the screenshot bellow, the drop down menu doesn't provide the cataloguer with the languages.

And when I click on "More information" there is no a relevant option any more:

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/008-field-Language-3-0-3-version-tp6782503p6782503.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: 008 field - Language [3.0.3 version]

nsid
Could you please explain me where are these two files?

I found countries.xml and languages.xml in MarcDictionary folder, I delete them but nothing changed.

I logged out and then logged in, to check.

Re: 008 field - Language [3.0.3 version]

Verus Open Source Support
Extract the zip file attached. It has 2 files countris.xml and languages.xml
Now, identifying the home directory in Windows is a little tricky. It is the parent of your Desktop(and My Documents) and also it is found in C:/Documents and Settings directory

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/008-field-Language-3-0-3-version-tp6782503p6782888.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

count-lang.zip (81K) Download Attachment

Re: 008 field - Language [3.0.3 version]

nsid
I have not luck.

I checked the home directory and it hasn't these two files.

Furthermore, just for checking, I copied inside the files you attached in the previous post but still no luck.

Of course I restored the languages.xml and countries.xml to the marcdictionary folder.

Any idea??

Re: 008 field - Language [3.0.3 version]

Verus Open Source Support
On the client where you are unable to view countries and languages(Not on the server. If the client and server are the same system then go ahead with the instructions below)
Go to C:/Documents and Settings directory
You will find one directory with a name similar to you login user name. That is your home directory. In that you will find the 2 files mentioned

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/008-field-Language-3-0-3-version-tp6782503p6783019.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: 008 field - Language [3.0.3 version]

nsid
Yes, now it is clear. I was looking on the server side, but I had to to look on the client. Now it's ok. I see the languages. Thanx for the support and for the patience.
Regards

On Sep 13, 2011, at 7:58 AM, Verus Open Source Support [via NewGenLib] wrote:

On the client where you are unable to view countries and languages(Not on the server. If the client and server are the same system then go ahead with the instructions below)
Go to C:/Documents and Settings directory
You will find one directory with a name similar to you login user name. That is your home directory. In that you will find the 2 files mentioned

On 09/12/2011 04:32 PM, nsid [via NewGenLib] wrote:
I have not luck.

I checked the home directory and it hasn't these two files.

Furthermore, just for checking, I copied inside the files you attached in the previous post but still no luck.

Of course I restored the languages.xml and countries.xml to the marcdictionary folder.

Any idea??

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/008-field-Language-3-0-3-version-tp6782503p6783019.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email <a href="x-msg://46/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6786215&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="x-msg://46/" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">click here.

NewGenLib Open Source Support
Verus Solutions

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/008-field-Language-3-0-3-version-tp6782503p6786215.html
To unsubscribe from 008 field - Language [3.0.3 version], click here.