Activate patrons by batch + user validity

Activate patrons by batch + user validity

pedroparkero
Good day!

I noticed that we have the ability to activate patrons by batch and yet, please correct me if I'm wrong, we still don't have the power to specify user validity also by batch? I hope you can add this function in the near future so we can easily activate users and limit their validity at the same time (like for every semester start-end). Also, even though this will not be very important if a batch validity module comes along, but I hope there's also a next occurrence option in the user validity, so we can just list the end of sem dates instead of configuring the calendar or something like that.

Also, it's nice that we can sort the columns in the Search Patron module now, but in the activation by batch, it is still unsortable. I hope you can extend the feature to every where that has columns. Thank you.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Activate patrons by batch + user validity

Verus Open Source Support
Hi,

Let us say a student joins the college for a 3 year course (6 semesters).
Then his membership start date will be for example from 1st Jan 2011 to 31st Dec 2013.
Now, at the end of semester do not change his/her expiry date. Only de-activate them.
At the beginning of semester activate them. The patron's membership will be permanently disabled on 31st Dec 2013

Please comment

Regards
NGL Open Source Team

On 11/04/2011 09:26 AM, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib] wrote:
[...]

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Activate-patrons-by-batch-user-validity-tp6961577p6961577.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Activate patrons by batch + user validity

pedroparkero
Oh, I see. I think that's an easier way. Thanks for the solution!
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Activate patrons by batch + user validity

pedroparkero
By the way, I just noticed that sorting by column needs some more improvement. The problem is, after I sort the patrons, and I highlight one of them and click the modify icon, the patron that pops up is not the patron that I selected.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Activate patrons by batch + user validity

Verus Open Source Support
This issue will be checked and resolved in the next update

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Activate-patrons-by-batch-user-validity-tp6961577p6972802.html