Check out slip

V.K.Mishra
Dear All,

How to stop generation of check-out slip i have tried with the options given but not success please help?

Re: Check out slip

Verus Open Source Support
Issue registered
http://code.google.com/p/newgenlib/issues/detail?id=87

On 09/09/2011 03:00 PM, V.K.Mishra [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Dear All,

How to stop generation of check-out slip i have tried with the options given but not success please help?

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Check-out-slip-tp6775398p6775398.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Check out slip

basediag
How to configure mail server for EOD

Govind Basedia
Librarian
RIT,Indore
Mob.No.09425349373

On 09/09/2011 03:00 PM, V.K.Mishra [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Dear All,

How to stop generation of check-out slip i have tried with the options given but not success please help?

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Check-out-slip-tp6775398p6775398.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

NewGenLib Open Source Support
Verus Solutions

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Check-out-slip-tp6775398p6775476.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Check out slip

pedroparkero
You have to edit the mail.properties file. See this thread.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Check out slip

pedroparkero
I noticed there is "Instant Message" option in the mode of communication in the patron settings. Does it currently work? Can you send check out/ check in slips thru IM?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Check out slip

Verus Open Source Support
Messages means "Messages in the OPAC" and not IM

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Check-out-slip-tp6775398p6972874.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Check out slip

pedroparkero
Speaking of check out, it seems there is a bug in NGL when a newly created patron ID is entered under the Check out module. It displays a 'critical error' message. What I did is restart the instance of the java librarian interface just so the patron can borrow. (If it helps, in this instance the patron ID is composed of letters, not numbers).
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Check out slip

Verus Open Source Support
Hi,
Can you please send screen shot?
Also attach zipped file(/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/logs/catalina.Todaydate.log && /apache-tomcat-6.0.32/logs/localhost.Todaydate.log)
Patron id accepts Alpha-numeric...upto 200 characters

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Check-out-slip-tp6775398p6973366.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Check out slip

pedroparkero
I'm sorry. I now can't seem to replicate what happened yesterday. Must have been a fluke or something. I should have saved the error log when I had the chance. ~_~
Anyway, I'll just get back to you later if somehow it happened again. Thanks...
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Check out slip

ramesh, g.
i could not see screen shots.  what software should i install to see
the screen shots.

On 11/9/11, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm sorry. I now can't seem to replicate what happened yesterday. Must have
> been a fluke or something. I should have saved the error log when I had the
> chance. ~_~
> Anyway, I'll just get back to you later if somehow it happened again.
> Thanks...
>
> -----
> With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

G. Ramesh
Librarian
Vikas College of Engg & Tech.
NUNNA - 521 212
Vijayawada Rural
Krishna Dist., A.P.
Cell: 9441527540

Re: Check out slip

pedroparkero
Sorry sir ramesh, there are no screenshots because our installation is now running smoothly without problems and the error did not come back.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Check out slip

pedroparkero
Anyway, if the "Instant Message" option in the "mode of communication" option for patrons is for the OPAC, I don't see any reason why anyone would object having those messages in the OPAC. After all, it isn't intrusive at all and you only see it when you log in. Why isn't this option checked by default? Can we make it an automatic option whenever we create a new patron?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Check out slip

Verus Open Source Support
In the new version you are using, the messages are published by default. The instant message check boxes are redundant. Will be removed in the next update

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Check-out-slip-tp6775398p6977247.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.
See how NAML generates this email

Re: Check out slip

pedroparkero
Ah, I see. Thanks for the update.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Check out slip

pedroparkero
Hi! Today the critical error pops up again, although it's not a new patron anymore. Also, the error pops up when I try to modify patron. Could this error happen if there was a sudden drop of Internet connection and then the computer gets reconnected again? The problems seem to disappear when I log out and log in again. I now attach the logs from yesterday & today.logs.rar
If disconnection-reconnection seems to be the case why there are errors, is it possible that the system prompt users to immediately login again if it detects a problem in the connection so as to prevent this glitch in the service?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Check out slip

pedroparkero
Oops, I spoke too soon. Even though I log out and log in, I can't seem to use the search patron anymore:

what happens when I click the green arrow button
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Check out slip

Probably this may be due to logout functionality. We will simulate the same here to debug the problem. Till such time we request that work around would be to close the application when not in use instead of logout

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Check-out-slip-tp6775398p6984748.html