Contact Vendor warning while cataloging

Darshangera
I have a query regarding using NewGenLib. I have installed the software but when we are cataloging a book, while saving it gives waring, Contact Vendor and not able to save record.
Could please help us how this could be resolved?
Thanks

Re: Contact Vendor warning while cataloging

Verus Open Source Support
Can you tell me your system's environment like OS, Postgresql version

Verus Solutions open source customer support,
http://www.newgenlib.com

Follow us on
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/newgenlib
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=79908826327
Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1945351
Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.com/newgenlib
Videos: http://www.metacafe.com/channels/newgenlib/
Become a member of our community: http://newgenlib.spruz.com

On Friday 06 August 2010 09:17 AM, Darshangera [via NewGenLib] wrote:
I have a query regarding using NewGenLib. I have installed the software but when we are cataloging a book, while saving it gives waring, Contact Vendor and not able to save record.
Could please help us how this could be resolved?
Thanks

View message @ http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Contact-Vendor-warning-while-cataloging-tp5379250p5379250.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Contact Vendor warning while cataloging

Darshangera
Dear sir,

System is windows 2003 with Postgresql version:8.0, jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24.

I also tried installing on windows xp, same error comes.

Any thing else, u need please let me know.
On 06/08/2010, Verus Open Source Support [via NewGenLib]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you tell me your system's environment like OS, Postgresql version
>
> Verus Solutions open source customer support,
> http://www.newgenlib.com
>
> Follow us on
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/newgenlib
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=79908826327
> Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1945351
> Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.com/newgenlib
> Videos: http://www.metacafe.com/channels/newgenlib/
> Become a member of our community: http://newgenlib.spruz.com
>

> On Friday 06 August 2010 09:17 AM, Darshangera [via NewGenLib] wrote:
>> I have a query regarding using NewGenLib. I have installed the
>> software but when we are cataloging a book, while saving it gives
>> waring, Contact Vendor and not able to save record.
>> Could please help us how this could be resolved?
>> Thanks

>> < (link removed) ==>.

Sairam.

With love and regards,
Darshan Gera

Re: Contact Vendor warning while cataloging

Verus Open Source Support
After you create a new database newgenlib. First run tsearch2.sql on that database.
Then run backupinplain.sql on that database.
Also make sure that there must NOT be a parameter named POSTGRESQL_VERSION in your ENV_VAR.txt file (in C:/NewGenLibFiles/SystemFiles/)

--
Sairam.

With love and regards,
Darshan Gera

View message @ http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Contact-Vendor-warning-while-cataloging-tp5379250p5379273.html

There is no parameter of postgres version Env_var.txt. Also I did not execute tsearch.sql while installation. Now when i tried to execute, its says transaction aborted, rolled back. Should I re-install and try?
Thanks

Re: Contact Vendor warning while cataloging

Verus Open Source Support
Hi,
Please follow the below steps
1. Close all programs
2. Drop the database named newgenlib (I hope you have not entered any valid data so far)
3. Create a database named newgenlib
4. Run tsearch2.sql on that database
5. Next run backupinplain.sql

View message @ http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Contact-Vendor-warning-while-cataloging-tp5379250p5382994.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Contact Vendor warning while cataloging

Darshangera
Dear sir,

I reinstalled using self-extracting build of newgenlib and now i  am able to catalog books. But in configuire, when we add new tags and sub fields for MIRC template, we are getting Contact Vendor warning and not able to modify/Add tags. What could be issue?

thanks

Waiting for ur reply..