Display settings of Web OPAC records

camiloandresrc@gmail.com
Best regards,

In the process of NewGenLib adapting to our needs we have been some questions about display settings of the records in the Web OPAC:

1. We need in the "Call Number" the 084 field (Local Clasiffication), not the 082 field (Dewey Decimal Classification). It is because the collections in our library are ordered by this local classification, not by Dewey. ¿Which file or template must we edit to do this?.

2. We need that the series (4XX), subjects (6XX), secondary authorities (7XX), and other repeatable fields don't to appear in the same line separated by ";". We wish that these fields were displayed each in different lines. ¿Which file or template must we edit to do this?.

3. ¿Local fields can be created in the templates?. We need fields like 900 (Cataloguer Code). We have tried to create fields such as 900, but it appears in the record without name or indicators / subfields configured. ¿Which file or template must we edit to do this?.

4. ¿How can we change the name displayed for the fields?, specifically those that appear in the Web OPAC. We need this because some of the spanish translations are incorrect. For example, the translation of "Subjects" are read "Los sujetos", while the correct translation should be "Materias" or "Temas". ¿Which file or template must we edit to do this?.

5. ¿How we can change the display order of subfields?. For example, we want the field 260 be displayed in the following order: $a : $b, $c but now the OPAC shows first year ($c), then the publisher ($b), and finally the city ($a). ¿Which file or template must we edit to do this?.

We appreciate the assistance and information that you can provide.

Sincerely,

Camilo Rodríguez Carlos
Bogotá - Colombia

Re: Display settings of Web OPAC records

Verus Open Source Support
1. This is part of data migration change. According to your requirement we will change it and send the new database backup to you

2. Customisation of display will be available from version 3.0.4

3. Yes you can do that . Visit the thread http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Custom-field-and-custom-index-td6732242.html

4. We will this change and host it as a nightly build. We will send you an intimation about this change. Also we will make the properties that have the translations editable so that you have more flexibility.

5. Shown according to AACR but refer to point 2

Regards
NewGenLib Open Source Team

On 10/20/2011 11:17 AM, [hidden email] [via NewGenLib] wrote:
[...]

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Display-settings-of-Web-OPAC-records-tp6911729p6911729.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.