Errors accessing z39.50 servers

pedroparkero
Good day! I keep getting errors when I try searching in the "Import cataloging record" module using z39.50 servers. Problem is, there is no feature that tests first so I can make sure if the z39.50 connection really works before I search. Do I have to initialize something in NGL so I can connect to the servers? I get my connection parameters from here: http://isbnsearch.sourceforge.net/servers.html

errors connecting to z39.50 servers
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Errors accessing z39.50 servers

Verus Open Source Support
Are you accessing Internet through a proxy?
If yes, please configure proxy settings under Administration.

RE: Errors accessing z39.50 servers

pedroparkero
No, I am not using a proxy. I am using a localhost installation of NGL and we have direct connection to the internet...

Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 21:15:14 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Errors accessing z39.50 servers

Are you accessing Internet through a proxy?
If yes, please configure proxy settings under Administration.

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Errors-accessing-z39-50-servers-tp6233441p6241031.html
To unsubscribe from Errors accessing z39.50 servers, click here.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

RE: Errors accessing z39.50 servers

verussolutions
Administrator
The same will be tested on the list of servers provided.

RE: Errors accessing z39.50 servers

pedroparkero
Thanks. Please do update me when you find out what I should do so I can connect...

P.S.
My connection parameters to Biblios is below:
z3950.biblios.net Port: 210 Database: bibliographic

https://code.google.com/p/newgenlib/issues/detail?id=7
Please subscribe at google code to get updates on this issue

RE: Errors accessing z39.50 servers

pedroparkero
Thank you. We will wait for updates.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

RE: Errors accessing z39.50 servers

pedroparkero
Does searching z39.50 servers in NewGenLib really work? I'm using version3 now but I still have the problem. Actually, it's worse: there is no "error accessing" information, it just keeps on searching and searching with no results and I can't stop it because there's no stop button ("Cancel" just clears the text box). I close the window, and when I open another instance of "Import catalog records" module, it returns again still "searching"!
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

RE: Errors accessing z39.50 servers

davidtaylorjr
I can't get it to work either. Always says "completed" but no results.