Full record in OPAC

pedroparkero
I'd like to know why the full record in OPAC is not the actual full record? For instance, I don't see the notes there plus the electronic resources. You can only see the e-resources in the general results, but if there's only one result you go directly to the record and you will not be able to see it.

Incidentally, is there a way to make an e-resource clickable without logging in first? Many of my resources are from an outside link, so I don't mind users using them without first logging in.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Full record in OPAC

nsid
Yes, Pedro has some good points.

What I would also like to have, is the option, the e-resources to be public or private.

Re: Full record in OPAC

The Full record in OPAC is designed to display "All notes". Can I know which note(MARC Tag) was used and the display did not take place?
E-Resources are visible on the right hand side top of the bibliographic details table(Full record view).

Login will be bypassed for accessing URLs.

On 09/03/2011 08:19 PM, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib] wrote:
I'd like to know why the full record in OPAC is not the actual full record? For instance, I don't see the notes there plus the electronic resources. You can only see the e-resources in the general results, but if there's only one result you go directly to the record and you will not be able to see it.

Incidentally, is there a way to make an e-resource clickable without logging in first? Many of my resources are from an outside link, so I don't mind users using them without first logging in.

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Full-record-in-OPAC-tp6756741p6756741.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Full record in OPAC

Verus Solutions Support
http://code.google.com/p/newgenlib/issues/detail?id=76
Issue registered

On 09/05/2011 04:32 PM, Verus Open Source Support [via NewGenLib] wrote:
[...]

NewGenLib Open Source Support
Verus Solutions

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Full-record-in-OPAC-tp6756741p6760508.html

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Full-record-in-OPAC-tp6756741p6760470.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Full record in OPAC

pedroparkero
I would like for tags 526 and 533 in particular to be shown, as usually the only ones visible are the general notes and bibliographic notes.

Also, I cannot see E-Resources on the right hand side top of the bibliographic details table(Full record view). See below:

That record has 856 tags for it:

With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Full record in OPAC

Verus Open Source Support
http://code.google.com/p/newgenlib/issues/detail?id=77
http://code.google.com/p/newgenlib/issues/detail?id=78

The above issues are registered

On 09/05/2011 07:21 PM, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib] wrote:
> I would like for tags 526 and 533 in particular to be shown, as
> usually the only ones visible are the general notes and bibliographic
> notes.

Re: Full record in OPAC

pedroparkero
Thank you. I hope you can also implement this "fuller" record not just in the OPAC but in the "search catalogue" module of NGL, when you click "View Details", in the "Text format (Full)" tab.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Full record in OPAC

pedroparkero
Also in OPAC, can you display subfield 3 of tag 856 also, not just the link?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Full record in OPAC

nsid
Hi Pedro,

One good idea is to use the:

856$u (your url)
&
856$y (your text)

Whatever you type in the 856$y field will be displayed as a text link in the webopac!
It looks quite nice.

Re: Full record in OPAC

pedroparkero
Thanks for the tip, nsid! My records are usually imported from LoC, and they usually just put the description for the link in subfield 3. It would still be nice if the text there is displayed, but for the time being, I would see to it, as per your suggestion, to copy the text in subfield 3 and paste it in subfield y.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Full record in OPAC

nsid
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. A lot of my records too are imported from the library of congress.

Well, in my case I prefer to have the text as a link rather than the link and its description separately, but I totally understand your point.

Re: Full record in OPAC

pedroparkero
Thanks Verus Support team for quickly incorporating my suggestion of including subfield y of the Electronic links in the latest update!

Anyway, I'd like to add another information that doesn't show in full record: The series statement. Hope it will also show up in the next version of NGL.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Full record in OPAC

Verus Open Source Support
Display of full/brief/subjects record will be completely customizable in the next update. This functionality development has already started. Will be available in 3.0.4

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Full-record-in-OPAC-tp6756741p6853675.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Full record in OPAC

pedroparkero
Thanks! That's great to hear!
Though I have one more issue to record (which I hope is also included in this new development): An item has a subject that is "Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 --Comedies." It shows in the results page, in the popup preview, but when it comes to full record view, it only shows "Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616", without the subdivision.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Full record in OPAC

Verus Open Source Support
http://code.google.com/p/newgenlib/issues/detail?id=105
Issue registered