How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

abbeyiyun
Good Day,

Your support has been so much helpful to us. Thanks and may God Strengthen you.

Please i will like to know how i can encrypt my newgenlib home so that whenever the patron launch the OPAC, he will be requested to put in his/her username and password.

2.  I have a database capturing staff in my library, is it possible to integrate my database with the Newgenlib in such a way that when entering a Patron i will just type his/her PIN and it display the staff info in my Newgenlib?

I will appreciate your respond. Thanks

Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

Verus Open Source Support
Respected Patron,
Greetings from NewGenLib Open Source. Thank you for your kind words

1. In NGL OPAC, only for "My Library" functionalities system asks for User authentication. For rest of the functionalities like "Search Catalogue", system does not ask for any authentication. If I understand your query right, are you asking for authentication to open the Home page itself?

2. Yes you can do this. Please follow below steps
a. Export your database into an Excel Sheet
b. In the above Excel sheet which has the patron data, make sure that the first row contains the following columns
PATRONNAME
PATRONID
MEMBERSHIPSTARTDATE
CATEGORY

MEMBERSHIPEXPIRYDATE
MOBILE
COURSE
ADDRESS1
CITY
ZIPCODE
CATEGORY
STATE
DEPARTMENT
The ones in red are mandatory

c. Using NGL Workbench you can import the Excel sheet into NewGenLib
NGL Workbench is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/newgenlib/files/NGL%20Work%20Bench/Version%201.0/NGLWorkBench.zip/download

Regards
NewGenLib Open Source Support Team

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 21:50:55 +0530, abbeyiyun [via NewGenLib] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Good Day,

Your support has been so much helpful to us. Thanks and may God Strengthen you.

Please i will like to know how i can encrypt my newgenlib home so that whenever the patron launch the OPAC, he will be requested to put in his/her username and password.

2.  I have a database capturing staff in my library, is it possible to integrate my database with the Newgenlib in such a way that when entering a Patron i will just type his/her PIN and it display the staff info in my Newgenlib?

I will appreciate your respond. Thanks

http://forums.newgenlib.org/How-Do-I-Encrypt-my-NEWGENLIB-homepage-tp7573288.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.
NAML

Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

abbeyiyun
Thanks for your respond.

Please how do i export the data to excel.

Abbeyiyun

Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

rsgiri
Go to report module (NGL Desktop V3.0 application). In the report module, U will find circulation -list of patrons. Export them in .csv file.
regards

Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

abbeyiyun
Thanks, I have downloaded the NGL WorkBench.  After extracting it was asking for username and password.  Please can you help me with the username and password?

Thanks in anticipation.

Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

abbeyiyun
Please how do i use the NGL WorkBench i need the login and password thanks

Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

The same user id and password you use to login into NewGenLib Librarian Interface

http://forums.newgenlib.org/How-Do-I-Encrypt-my-NEWGENLIB-homepage-tp7573288p7573347.html

thanks i did that but no respond
the username and password is 1 and abc

Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

Verus Open Source Support
In C:/NGLWorkBenchFiles
there is file called database.properties, please check your database connectivity parameters there
Also, try to run this program on the NGL Server itself

http://forums.newgenlib.org/How-Do-I-Encrypt-my-NEWGENLIB-homepage-tp7573288p7573352.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.
NAML

Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

abbeyiyun
Good Day Sir,

I have export the Patron Data and import it back to the database.  But my issue is that the OPAC is not encrypt.  I want the OPAC in such a way that it will first request for Username and Password before you can view the OPAC.  Please, kindly help me out.  Attaced is the excel file that i import back to the database with NGL WorkBench.
patron1.xls

Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

abbeyiyun
Dear Sir,

Please Kindly help me with step by step on how to  Export my database into an Excel Sheet, and which database i mine to export.  Thanks

Abbey

Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

Respected Patron,
To understand your query correctly, please answer the below queries
1. Are you planning to import Patron database? Do you have an Excel sheet of all Patrons(Users) of your library?
2. Currently the OPAC allows all users to search catalogue, but restricts the usage of My Library functionality unless the use logs in
Regards
NGL Open Source Support Team

http://forums.newgenlib.org/How-Do-I-Encrypt-my-NEWGENLIB-homepage-tp7573288p7573529.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.
NAML

Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

abbeyiyun
Thanks for your respond.

Your question Sir
1. Are you planning to import Patron database? Do you have an Excel sheet of all Patrons(Users) of your library?

My Respond
No Sir according to your post of on Nov 16 2012 on this subject Quote

[...]

Unquote

From this post Sir, you ask me to Export my Database so I receive another reply from "rsgiri" with this post "Go to report module (NGL Desktop V3.0 application). In the report module, U will find circulation -list of patrons. Export them in .csv file.
regards " unquote

So I Export the List of Patron Database and still I can not achieve what I want.

Sir my problem is that I do not know exactly where I will Export my database into an Excel Sheet.  Sir I will be glad if you can tell me on how to export my database to excel.

What I actually want to achieve is that I WANT THE OPAC TO REQUEST FOR AUTHENTICATION BEFORE OPENING THE OPAC PAGE i.e. http://localhost:8080/newgenlibctxt

I want the user of the Library to enter this OPAC url with their Username and Password Sir.  Please kindly help me out.

Abbey

Thanks.

Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

Verus Open Source Support
Respected Patron,
Summarising your query....
When a user opens the OPAC home page, system must prompt for a login. Only logged in users must be able to access any functionality of OPAC. If our understanding of the query is right, then this facility is not currently available. We will try to see workaround to address this. Pls give us some time to look into the workaround

From: "abbeyiyun [via NewGenLib]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 04:11:34 -0800 (PST)
To: Verus Open Source Support<[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

Thanks for your respond.

Your question Sir
[...]

From this post Sir, you ask me to Export my Database so I receive another reply from "rsgiri" with this post "Go to report module (NGL Desktop V3.0 application). In the report module, U will find circulation -list of patrons. Export them in .csv file.

http://forums.newgenlib.org/How-Do-I-Encrypt-my-NEWGENLIB-homepage-tp7573288p7573532.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.
NAML

Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

abbeyiyun
Dear Sir,

Thanks you Sir, I will be waiting for a successful workaround.

Abbey.

Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

satheesha H
sir in i want now other system open only circulation how server system open all modules and administration but now i want other system its open only circular counter how sir? i create asst librarian patron its not open other system

Re: How Do I Encrypt my NEWGENLIB homepage

Verus Open Source Support
NGL Librarian Interface -> Administration -> Configure System -> Patron Category

Create a Patron Category called "Circulation Desk". In the same screen you will find a privileges button. Click on it and give privileges for Circulation module only.

Now create patron (library staff) under this category

On Tuesday 04 August 2015 01:52 PM, satheesha H [via NGL] wrote:
sir in i want now other system open only circulation how server system open all modules and administration but now i want other system its open only circular counter how sir? i create asst librarian patron its not open other system

http://forums.newgenlib.org/How-Do-I-Encrypt-my-NEWGENLIB-homepage-tp7573288p7575812.html
To start a new topic under NGL, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NGL, click here.
NAML

--
NGL Open Source Support