How to Duplicate Catalogue Records OR Update Accession Number

How to Duplicate Catalogue Records OR Update Accession Number

David
Hi everyone.

I want to catalogue one book that has two copies, but their accession numbers don't follow each other because the library acquired both copies in different periods.

1. How do I duplicate the catalogue record of the first one so that I can just change the accession number to accommodate the second, instead of going through the cataloguing process all over for the second one.

2. What is the best way to add the accession number of the second one to the records of the first one? I tried adding the accession number of the second to the record of the first, but it changed the first one. I also tried to create a range of accession numbers for both, but it didn't work still.

I need help please.

Thank you

Re: How to Duplicate Catalogue Records OR Update Accession Number

Manju Channappa
You can do in two ways

1. go to Primary cataloguing-->Click on select importing format-->Make a copy of catalogue record-->search for already catalogued doc.s -->select the record-->click on get bibliographic data

2. Search for the catalogued record-->select-->click on update holding-->CLick on New-->add new accession number