¿How to make a Backup?

camiloandresrc@gmail.com
Best regards,

How can I make a backup of my database (NGL 3.0.3 U1 installed on a PC with Windows 7) to restore it on another PC that has a new installation of 3.0.3 U1 NGL (Windows XP).

I was reviewing the manuals and can not find this information.

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Camilo Rodríguez Carlos
Bogotá - Colombia

Re: ¿How to make a Backup?

Verus Open Source Support
Let's say
System A: Your old installation of NGL with data
System B: Your new installation of NGL with blank data (Empty NGL schema).

On System A
------------------
1. Go to pgadmin3. On the left hand side you will find newgenlib database.
2. Select newgenlib database, right click and select "Backup"
3. Leave all options as default. Only enter the file name in which you want the backup to taken. I'll call this as backup file
4. Copy this backup file into System B

On System B
-------------------
1. Close all applications
2. Go to pgadmin3. On the left hand side you will find newgenlib database.
3. Select newgenlib database, right click and select "Delete/drop". Confirm to drop the database.
4. Select Databases in the same screen as above, right click and click on "New database"
5. You will be prompted to enter database name. Enter newgenlib as database name, encoding as UTF-8(or unicode which ever is there). And click on "OK"
6. A new database named newgenlib will be created
7. Select newgenlib(database), right click and click on restore. Select the backup file and click on OK. This will restore the data schema and your old data into System B's database
8. Start NewGenLib Server (Apache Tomcat Server)
9. In your Install3.0 directory you will find a file named, BuildIndex.bat(Windows batch files), this will index the database.
10 That's it, now search catalogue and you will be able find all your old records

Regards
NewGenLib Open Source Team

On 10/04/2011 11:32 PM, [hidden email] [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Best regards,

How can I make a backup of my database (NGL 3.0.3 U1 installed on a PC with Windows 7) to restore it on another PC that has a new installation of 3.0.3 U1 NGL (Windows XP).

I was reviewing the manuals and can not find this information.

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Camilo Rodríguez Carlos
Bogotá - Colombia

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/How-to-make-a-Backup-tp6859563p6859563.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.