How to separate multiple copy to location/presentation wise

How to separate multiple copy to location/presentation wise

V.K.Mishra
Dear All,

If there are multiple copy out of which if we need to place some in general section, some in reference section/location etc then how can we separate different copy location wise/Presentation wise at the time of data entry. I think at a time the data can be entered for one location/presentation only and we need to again Decalogue for different locations/presentation.

I think it should be in such a way so that we can separate each accession number location/presentation wise as per library requirements. Please advice.

Re: How to separate multiple copy to location/presentation wise

pedroparkero
I'm not sure what you mean. Different items of the same title can be given different shelving locations. Just select the location in the dropdown box on each item:

shelving location option
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: How to separate multiple copy to location/presentation wise

Hi,
When you have multiple copies, and you are placing a few of them in General circulation section, a few of them in reference section and a few of them in Book bank. You must note that they have different shelving locations and also they have different circulation privileges.
Create 3 shelving location
1. Stacks (Already available, you do not have to create)
2. Reference section
3. Book bank (if you have one)

Also see if there are below Physical/presentation forms
1. Book (Means books available in general stacks. This already there so do not create a new one)
2. Reference material (Also available)
3. Book bank (If not there create one)

When you are placing a copy of a book in Reference section, for that accession number select physical/presentation form as Reference material and Shelving location as Reference section

On 09/15/2011 07:02 PM, V.K.Mishra [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Dear All,

If there are multiple copy out of which if we need to place some in general section, some in reference section/location etc then how can we separate different copy location wise/Presentation wise at the time of data entry. I think at a time the data can be entered for one location/presentation only and we need to again Decalogue for different locations/presentation.

I think it should be in such a way so that we can separate each accession number location/presentation wise as per library requirements. Please advice.

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/How-to-separate-multiple-copy-to-location-presentation-wise-tp6796853p6796853.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: How to separate multiple copy to location/presentation wise

V.K.Mishra
Dear Sir,

Thank you. But i wanted to know if user wants to SEARCH collection wise like Book Bank, reference section etc than how to do that because at a time only one Location/Sub location could be selected at the time of cataloging. I think in this case we need to uncatalogued the documents separately so that it could be searched location wise. Kindly clarify?

Re: How to separate multiple copy to location/presentation wise

verussolutions
Administrator
Hi,
Sub location is not the right place to define "Reference section",
Please use Shelving location

Re: How to separate multiple copy to location/presentation wise

V.K.Mishra
Dear Sir,

Thanks please let me know we have a collection of Book Bank and General books, Now we are having 10 copy of a book and we want to place five in book bank and five in general collection in such a way so that users can search the books collection wise also (book bank and general collection). Please advice because i think in such case one need to catalog separately collection wise.

Re: How to separate multiple copy to location/presentation wise

Verus Open Source Support
Hi:
If a user wants to search for books only in the reference section, he must be able to search for it. Right?
But, the same title resides both in reference section as well as in the stacks(general circulation).
Is my understanding right? If yes, I think its a nice feature to add. Currently you can do that with linking entries. However we will think about adding a feature to make this simpler. Thank you for pointing this issue
Regards

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/How-to-separate-multiple-copy-to-location-presentation-wise-tp6796853p6807878.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: How to separate multiple copy to location/presentation wise

V.K.Mishra
Dear Sir,

Yes now you got the point actually my intention was to let you know about this problem/feature to add, so that library can differentiate (Collection wise) multiple copy of the same book at the time of cataloging in such a way so that it could be searchable collection wise also.

Thanking You.

Re: How to separate multiple copy to location/presentation wise

Verus Open Source Support
Issue added
http://code.google.com/p/newgenlib/issues/detail?id=92

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/How-to-separate-multiple-copy-to-location-presentation-wise-tp6796853p6810869.html