How to take Back-Ups.

mishrark
I am new to NewGen. I want to know, how can I take the back up for the following:
(1) Books/Journals issued from the Library.
(2) Books and Journals entered into the NewGen System.

Also, I will like to know how to take a printout of the above on:
(1) Daily basis.
(2) Consolidated basis (i.e. at a time for all).

Re: How to take Back-Ups.

Verus Open Source Support
Hi.
To take a backup
Go to pgadmin3. Select newgenlib database. Right click and click on backup.
This will ask for a file name. Enter the file name and also desired location. And click on "Ok". This will create a backup

Various reports are available in NewGenLib Desktop.
Visit http://www.verussolutions.biz/web/content/how-launch-newgenlib-desktop-server-and-client-pc
This will help you to install NewGenLib Desktop with has reports that you want. Reports are generated as CSV files. So that you can open them in Microsoft excel and print them

Re: How to take Back-Ups.

mavicsilva
hi.
i also need to make back-up since my pc is having some trouble.
but, there is no newgenlib in my pgadminIII.
i attached the image below.

Re: How to take Back-Ups.

pedroparkero
You need to double-click "PostgreSQL Database Server 3.0" in the left pane so it will show NewGenLib. Usually it will ask for password and the default password is 'newgenlib'.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.