Is it possible to merge sublocations?

nsid
Hi there,

I would like to ask if there is anyway to merge two sublocations.

Regards,

Re: Is it possible to merge sublocations?

sonukilskanna
can you explain briefly with example??

Re: Is it possible to merge sublocations?

nsid
Hi,

I have two sublocations let's say "Sub1" and "Sub2".

"Sub1" has 30 books and "Sub2" has 10 books.

What I want is to delete "Sub2" and add it's 10 books to "Sub1".

So "Sub1" will have 40 books.

Regards

Re: Is it possible to merge sublocations?

sonukilskanna
Yes, it is possible.

Re: Is it possible to merge sublocations?

nsid
Could you please give any advice on how I can do this?

Regards,

Re: Is it possible to merge sublocations?

sonukilskanna
you can change the sublocation manually by using updateholdings one by one.

Or else send me the backup I will merge the sublocations using tool and return the updated backup
note: please stop the transactions untill you got the updated backup

Re: Is it possible to merge sublocations?

nsid
As there are not many items (10), I will do it manually.

I appreciate your help sonukilskanna!

Re: Is it possible to merge sublocations?

nsid
I think that after updating the holding, I have to re-index the record in order to see the change in OPAC.

If it is so, how I can re-index multiple records?

Thank you

Re: Is it possible to merge sublocations?

sonukilskanna
Please fallow th eprocedure to change Sub location

1)Search the catalogue record

2)Select the catalogue record

3)Click on Update holdings button

4)Select the accession number

5)Click on modify button

6)Change the Sublocation

then click on Ok

Re: Is it possible to merge sublocations?

sonukilskanna
if you are OS is windows
then goto C:/Indexer

in that you have RunIndexer.bat file
double click on that.

It will re index the records.

Re: Is it possible to merge sublocations?

nsid
HI sonukliskanna,

Thank you very much for your help.

1)I followed the procedure (updateholdings) but the problem was that in the O.P.A.C. the sublocation filter didn't work as it should.

For example I updated/changed a holding from "SUB1" to "SUB2" but in the WEBOPAC using the sublocation filter showed the updated holding in both sublocations.

After reindexing the record (using the "Technical Processing - Utilities - Reindex catalogue records") the problem in the webopac was solved and I was able to see the record/holding only in the correct sublocation.

2) Thank you for reminding me the RunIndexer.bat file. Very useful!

3)For future use, could you guide me on merging two sublocations using a routine/script or something, just to know how. I think I can do it.

Thank you again!

actually i have a tool to change these sublocations, that's why i ask your database. But, you have less records to update.
so, no need to worry.

I will have it in my mind.
Thank you!