NGL and memcached

onehomelist
For improving db query speed and for caching sessions, I wanted to use memchaced with NGL. I tried this solution written here. I edited context.xml file in /NGL3/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/webapps/newgenlibctxt/META-INF directory.  But there was another context.xml fine in NGL3/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/conf directory. But editing that file gives error while starting NGL server. But editing the first context.xml file mentioned above didn't give any errors. Is that the right context.xml file which NGL uses?

Re: NGL and memcached

Verus Open Source Support
Hi,
Thank you for providing this information.
We do not recommend editing context.xml file in /NGL3/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/webapps/newgenlibctxt/META-INF because, whenever we install a new update the above directory gets deleted. Hence the edits made will be lost.
We will look into the context.xml file in NGL3/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/conf directory.
Since this is a very good feature proposed we will make as part of the build itself.
Thank you once again for this contribution to the community
Regards
NewGenLib Open Source Team

On 12/27/2011 04:51 PM, onehomelist [via NewGenLib] wrote:
For improving db query speed and for caching sessions, I wanted to use memchaced with NGL. I tried this solution written here. I edited context.xml file in /NGL3/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/webapps/newgenlibctxt/META-INF directory.  But there was another context.xml fine in NGL3/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/conf directory. But editing that file gives error while starting NGL server. But editing the first context.xml file mentioned above didn't give any errors. Is that the right context.xml file which NGL uses?

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/NGL-and-memcached-tp7129874p7129874.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.
NAML

Re: NGL and memcached

onehomelist
If you add the feature in the NGL build itself, then it will make installation of memcached package mandatory for your clients. It will make things little more difficult, e.g. if NGL server fails for some reason, then memcached also needs to be troubleshooted. Best way would be making it an optional feature. You could have a section on your website dedicated to Optimising NGL, where all those hacks can be posted.

Re: NGL and memcached

Verus Open Source Support
Yes.

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/NGL-and-memcached-tp7129874p7131971.html