OPAC Interface customization

Khiev Sopheaktra
Hi all,

Did anyone have experience with OPAC Interface customization? Not just logo or stylesheet but also the content on the OPAC.

I have tried with OPACParameters.xml  from C:\NewGenLibFiles\SystemFiles but it didn't work.

Please let me know,

Re: OPAC Interface customization

verussolutions
Administrator
Hi,
NewGenLib has a new OPAC Solution. It is from Vufind. Vufind can be completely be customized according to your requirements. Vufind is also open source

1. Go to vufind.org, download vufind and install it. We suggest you to install it on a system other than NGL Server. However this system must be connected via LAN to NGL Server

2. Export your NGL data using this tool http://sourceforge.net/projects/newgenlib/files/NewGenLib/vufind/NGLMARCExport.zip/download

3. Import it into Vufind.

Visit
http://www.verussolutions.biz/files/NewGenLibVufind.pdf
for more details

Regards

Re: OPAC Interface customization

Sopheap Chhung
About Vufind,

You said that it can customize the Opac. However, I saw that if we use vufind we have to export data then import to vufind. my question is:

Does vufind can connect directly to NGL Server? And can it be load all data when we update data in NGL Server?

Thanks,

Sopheap CHHUNG
Database Officer
University of Cambodia

Administrator
Yes, Vufind connects to NewGenLib for live(Circulation, latest arrivals and user login) data. We have developed drivers for NGL to connect to vufind. Please refer to the documentation sent in the earlier post. The drivers are also available as OpenSource

Re: OPAC Interface customization

Sopheap Chhung
That is very perfect which vufind can live to NewGenLib with Driver. Thus, where can we download this driver?

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/OPAC-Interface-customization-tp6060786p6076044.html
To unsubscribe from OPAC Interface customization, click here.

Re: OPAC Interface customization

verussolutions
Administrator
Yes. With the latest release of VuFind which is available on their site, it comes with in-built NGL Drivers

Re: OPAC Interface customization

ashoksatapathy
Will u plz. guide/share the installation procedure and all other configuration step by step? Because, I am still in problem regarding installation and configuration.

Expecting your early reply or support from Verussolutions.

Ashok

Re: OPAC Interface customization

verussolutions
Administrator
Go to
jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24/server/default/deploy/resources.war directory

1. You will see a file named css.css
This is called cascade style sheet. You can edit it using your word pad.
There is a good tutorial in w3schools site. Go through http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

2. Secondly go to jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24/server/default/deploy/resources.war/main.jpg
Edit that image file or create a jpeg file with same dimensions and name that has your college logo and so on.

3. Stop and start your Jboss server (NGL Server)

Re: OPAC Interface customization

ashoksatapathy
Thanks for your information, I want to implement the modification through "Vufind". Plz. guide me. I have already gone through the literature available regarding installation, but I am not getting success.

purpose is to do certain modification in OPAC as well as in interface (Clint Home Page).

Administrator
Did you already install Vufind? And Vufind is working fine?

No I have not install it.
I have downloaded the "vufindfiles", it is a zip file. and extract the same in the c:/ drive. Then what to do?

Re: OPAC Interface customization

verussolutions
Administrator
Vufind installation is out of the scope of this forum.

There is a detailed installation notes for installing Vufind on windows at http://vufind.org/wiki/installation_windows

However forum can discuss the integration of NGL with Vufind

Re: OPAC Interface customization

pedroparkero
Vufind not only connects to the bibliographic records but to the user database, right? The library users can use that OPAC interface to log in to their account?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.