"Other Books in the Rack" feature -- Shelving location

"Other Books in the Rack" feature -- Shelving location

nsid
Hi all,

I would like to ask you / or if you want to make a suggestion.

As I see the "Other books in the rack" feature, basically, browses the rack according to the classification number, right?

It would't be better to browse the rack considering both the classification number and the shelving location?

Because, it is very possible a book of art for instance with class number 750 to be found in the x collection, and another book with the same class number to be found in the z collection.

Thank you

Re: "Other Books in the Rack" feature -- Shelving location

Verus Open Source Support
That's a nice idea.
http://code.google.com/p/newgenlib/issues/detail?id=107
More comments are welcome on this issue

On 10/04/2011 12:07 PM, nsid [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to ask you / or if you want to make a suggestion.

As I see the "Other books in the rack" feature, basically, browses the rack according to the classification number, right?

It would't be better to browse the rack considering both the classification number and the shelving location?

Because, it is very possible a book of art for instance with class number 750 to be found in the x collection, and another book with the same class number to be found in the z collection.

Thank you

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Other-Books-in-the-Rack-feature-Shelving-location-tp6857711p6857711.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: "Other Books in the Rack" feature -- Shelving location

pedroparkero
Yes, it's a great idea. Also if the item doesn't have any nearby similar call numbers in the rack, then maybe it will just populate other books from the same shelving location.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.