Patron pictures

pedroparkero
I'm assuming pictures can't be loaded to a patron using a client computer and that it has to be in the server side? Because I can't make it work and only get a gray square instead of a picture.
Also I would like to know if there is a limit to what kind of jpg the system can display. Any min/max dimensions? Size?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Patron pictures

Verus Open Source Support
Probably the picture size is big. If you click on the picture a dialog will open showing the complete image.
However in version 3.0.3 images (of whatever dimension they are) will be scaled to fit into the screen.

On 08/25/2011 01:58 PM, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib] wrote:
I'm assuming pictures can't be loaded to a patron using a client computer and that it has to be in the server side? Because I can't make it work and only get a gray square instead of a picture.
Also I would like to know if there is a limit to what kind of jpg the system can display. Any min/max dimensions? Size?

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Patron-pictures-tp6723634p6723634.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Patron pictures

pedroparkero
The picture's size is only around 700x600. And nothing pops out whenever I click the gray square area.
So are you saying that I can upload pictures from the client side into the server? Where will the pictures be stored? What will their file names be?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Patron pictures

Verus Open Source Support
Images are stored in
C:/NewGenLibFiles/PatronPhotos/LIB_1
Even when they are stored from client, it is uploaded to server to the mentioned location

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Patron-pictures-tp6723634p6723787.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Patron pictures

pedroparkero
Okay, but why doesn't the picture display? I have already converted the picture to around 100x100 which is very small, already, and yet the thumbnail is still a gray square. Although I can click that gray box now in the check out module and a bigger picture pops up. But still, we can't be clicking every gray box just so we can see the picture. Please help us see the picture thumbnails.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Patron pictures

Verus Open Source Support
Try deleting the old picture manually from the file system.
Also, Administration -> Configure System -> General setup parameters -> Circulation section, see if "Show patron photo while checking out" is checked.

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Patron-pictures-tp6723634p6727029.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Patron pictures

pedroparkero
Thanks. I have deleted the old picture and replaced it with a new converted jpg that is around 190X170 in size. It now displays the picture in check out. However, it seems it doesn't center the picture automatically as what is seen is mostly the left side of the picture. So it seems that the most advisable dimension for patron pics is around 150 px in width?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Patron pictures

Verus Open Source Support
The new update that will shortly be released, will scale the image. So the size of the image does not  matter.

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Patron-pictures-tp6723634p6745169.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Patron pictures

pedroparkero
That's good news! Thanks!
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Patron pictures

pedroparkero
Just to update this, the picture works very fine in the new update, both can be seen in the "Checkout" module and beside the data when you press the more patron information button. They are centered and scaled appropriately.
Problem is, I can't say the same thing when in the modify patron module. After I select a picture for a patron, it seems it just shows a corner of the picture and not the face, which makes it hard to determine if I did attach the correct picture.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Patron pictures

Verus Open Source Support
Problem registered. Will be fixed in the next update.

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Patron-pictures-tp6723634p6883798.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Patron pictures

pedroparkero
In a somewhat related note, shouldn't there also a "more info on patron popup" button in the "Verify Patron details" module? It would be real handy to place it there.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Patron pictures

Verus Open Source Support
User info functionality (As in circulation) will be provided

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Patron-pictures-tp6723634p6897238.html