Picking up multiple subject heading from Authority File

Picking up multiple subject heading from Authority File

rsgiri

Dear NGL Team,

Picking up of multiple subject topical terms for a book from already existing terms in the authority files did not work properly.
For example,
Discrete mathematics : with combinatorics and graph theory / S. Santha.

We wish to give three terms, Mathematics, Combinatorics and graph theory in subject topical term.
These three terms are already in the existing authority list of our database.

When we catalogue the book, instead of writing these three terms in three Subject topical term, we wanted to pick them up from search for authority data. The system does only take one authority data at a time.
Please look into the issue.
Regards.
R. S. Giri

Re: Picking up multiple subject heading from Authority File

pedroparkero
You can repeat the Subject topical field by selecting it and clicking "Repeat" on the right part of the cataloging module. Once you have created 2 additional Subject topical fields, then you can select a different heading from the subject search in each one.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Picking up multiple subject heading from Authority File

rsgiri
I created two additional subject topical field. But when you picking all the three terms from the "Search for authority Data" (in Green Color)  in your database, it will not take. It will take only the last one.

Re: Picking up multiple subject heading from Authority File

Verus Open Source Support
Hi,
Suppose you want to add three subjects.
Select the Subject Topical Term Field, and press repeat twice (Alt-r). Now you will see the Sub Topical term three times
Select first one, and assign first subject and continue the process for rest of the two also
We will add a issue to add multiple subjects in single GO

On Friday 13 January 2012 11:06 AM, rsgiri [via NewGenLib] wrote:
I created two additional subject topical field. But when you picking all the three terms from the "Search for authority Data" (in Green Color)  in your database, it will not take. It will take only the last one.

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Picking-up-multiple-subject-heading-from-Authority-File-tp7179865p7183017.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.
NAML

Sir,
I did what you have told. But, the problem arises 'Authority data validation' window. Here, it will take only the last term picked up. For example. I have picked up " Mathematics" in the first subject topical form, "Combinatorics" in the second subject topical form and "'Graph theory' in the third subject topical form. But in Authority data validation sheet it will take only "Graph theory".

Re: Picking up multiple subject heading from Authority File

Verus Open Source Support
Sir,
We are attaching a PDF that will help you to resolve your problem. Let
me know if this has solved your problem
Regards
NewGenLib Open Source Team

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Picking-up-multiple-subject-heading-from-Authority-File-tp7179865p7191Delivered-To: [hidden email]

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Picking-up-multiple-subject-heading-from-Authority-File-tp7179865p7179865.html">http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Picking-up-multiple-subject-heading-from-Authority-File-tp7179865p7179865.html</a>
http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&amp;id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&amp;base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.InstantMailNamespace&amp;breadcrumbs=instant+emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml" rel="nofollow" style="font:9px serif">NAML</a>
> ------=_Part_60131_19108766.1326366724389--

RSSGiri.pdf (521K) Download Attachment