Possible problem after upgrading to update 3

Possible problem after upgrading to update 3

pedroparkero
Good day! After my upgrade to the latest update 3, the server keeps scrolling this:
server image
Should I be concerned with this?

Plus, at the OPAC, nothing happens when I click 'new arrivals'. It just loads forever.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Possible problem after upgrading to update 3

Verus Open Source Support
Nothing to be concerned about the scrolling. They are log messages.
New arrivals now available in version 3.0.3

On 09/08/2011 11:37 AM, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Good day! After my upgrade to the latest update 3, the server keeps scrolling this:
server image
Should I be concerned with this?

Plus, at the OPAC, nothing happens when I click 'new arrivals'. It just loads forever.

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Possible-problem-after-upgrading-to-update-3-tp6770627p6770627.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Possible problem after upgrading to update 3

V.K.Mishra
Dear Sir,

After installing 3.0.2 when i started newgenlib server after few minutes of scrolling it closes automatically. The last screeshot taken by me is attached here.java.doc

Re: Possible problem after upgrading to update 3

pedroparkero
Ah, I see. I thought there's something wrong with the server as that log message keeps repeating and repeating, even when nobody's connected.

And version 3.0.3? Will that be the future version or the version I just installed? If it is the future version, then that means we shouldn't click the "new arrivals" button for now because it doesn't actually work yet?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Possible problem after upgrading to update 3

Which version of Java are you using?
Please use jdk 1.6.0_24.
We saw that there is a problem with version 1.6.0_25, 1.6.0_26. If you have these JDK versions please un-install them

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Possible-problem-after-upgrading-to-update-3-tp6770627p6770685.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Possible problem after upgrading to update 3

V.K.Mishra
Dear Sir,
Please let me know the exact link to download the jdk 1.6.0_24.

Thanking You.

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=jdk-6u24-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Possible-problem-after-upgrading-to-update-3-tp6770627p6770786.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Possible problem after upgrading to update 3

pedroparkero
The "New Arrivals" link still loads forever and doesn't seem to go anywhere. How do I remedy this?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Possible problem after upgrading to update 3

Verus Open Source Support
Can you send me the screen shot? I would like to see the link being clicked for New Arrivals

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Possible-problem-after-upgrading-to-update-3-tp6770627p6782419.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Possible problem after upgrading to update 3

pedroparkero
Here it is:
link of new arrivals
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Possible problem after upgrading to update 3

Verus Open Source Support
In Administration -> Configure system-> General Setup parameters, what is the duration given for "List of new arrivals"?

On 09/12/2011 05:12 PM, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Here it is:
link of new arrivals

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Possible-problem-after-upgrading-to-update-3-tp6770627p6783106.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Possible problem after upgrading to update 3

pedroparkero
It's "90".
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Possible problem after upgrading to update 3

pedroparkero
Ooops. I'm very sorry. I now know why this happens. Since my database is less than 90 days old, naturally, the system fetches all of the records, which naturally does take a very long time that I'd think it hanged, but in reality it doesn't. I have set it up with a lower number. Sorry for the mistake.

Still, I think the report would be better if the Title and Author's column widths are swapped because usually, a book's title takes more space than its author.

Also a way to separate them by categories (like sublocation) would be great too...
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.