Postgres installation problem

Pravin
HI 2 u
I’m trying to install PostgreSQL for windows XP, the version which I use is (postgresql-8-1.4-1). The problem is when I try to install it as a service I get an error message like this(Account error: Invalid username specified: logon failure: unknown user name or bad password).
If I tried to install it with as not a service it works, but then I can’t connect to database. An error message appears indicating that connection to database is failed.

Re: Postgres installation problem

verussolutions
Administrator
1. Uninstall Postgres
2. Go t control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Computer management. Go to users and delete postgres user if it is already there

Now re-install postgresql. This should work

Now re-install postgresql. This should work

Re: Postgres installation problem

Dr. Yesan Sellan
Yes. I too had similar problem. I was able to fix it following the instructions given here.

Thanks
Yesan Sellan
SAIACS
Bangalore
Dr. Yesan Sellan, PhD Chief Librarian SAIACS, Bangalore

Re: Postgres installation problem

John Alex
Have you installed the NGL in Wins. XP or 7.