Printing of Check Out Slip

mavicsilva
How to print "Check out slip"?
After I checked out an item, I tried to click "Print to text" but nothing happened.

Re: Printing of Check Out Slip

Verus Open Source Support
1: Administration->View Processed Form Letters ->Configure Executables

2. Wordpad executable path: Click on File browse button and point to wordpad.exe (C:/Program Files/Windows NT/Accessories/wordpad.exe

When ever there is a form letter to printed (use Alt-P), this will open Word pad with the form letter. Use Ctrl-P to print the same

On 12/06/2011 01:53 PM, mavicsilva [via NewGenLib] wrote:
How to print "Check out slip". After I checked out an item, I tried to click "Print to text" but nothing happened.

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Printing-of-Check-Out-Slip-tp7065992p7065992.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.
NAML

Re: Printing of Check Out Slip

mavicsilva
Can I edit the check out slip?

Re: Printing of Check Out Slip

Verus Open Source Support
Yes
Administration->Configure System->Form letters

On 12/06/2011 02:02 PM, mavicsilva [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Can I edit the check out slip?

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Printing-of-Check-Out-Slip-tp7065992p7066017.html

mavicsilva
Can I edit the alignment of the check out slip?

Re: Printing of Check Out Slip

Verus Open Source Support
Since it is text based(Wordpad) you need to manage with spaces and tabs.
If you are looking for rich text printing you can use Open Office. Install Open Office
The templates for Checkout, check in etc.. are available in C:/NewGenLibFiles/FormLetterTemplates/LIB_1 directory

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Printing-of-Check-Out-Slip-tp7065992p7066102.html

mavicsilva
I edited check out slip with openoffice... but now the slip doesn't show the details of the materials borrowed.

Re: Printing of Check Out Slip

Verus Open Source Support
Can you attach the OpenOffice template file?
We will check for errors in the same

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Printing-of-Check-Out-Slip-tp7065992p7069537.html

here's the check out file i edited.
29_Check_out_slip.odt

Re: Printing of Check Out Slip

Verus Open Source Support
We have checked the same here. The table is not being properly displayed. This will be rectified in next update due to release in 2 weeks. Thank you for identifying this issue

Regards
NewGenLib Open Source Team

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Printing-of-Check-Out-Slip-tp7065992p7069637.html

mavicsilva
in checking-in, could i disable the "check-in slip"? so that i can check-in library materials faster since i got numerous clients at a time. i don't print slips anyway.

Re: Printing of Check Out Slip

Verus Open Source Support
Hi, If you are not printing check-in slips
1. Go to Administration->Configure System->General Setup parameters.
2. In Circulation section of the screen you will find an option "Individual check in slips". Select it and save the changes
3. Now keep checking in, system will not prompt for any check in slip printing
Also I hope you are using NewGenLib 3.0.3 or higher version as this facility is available from that version

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Printing-of-Check-Out-Slip-tp7065992p7195119.html