Problem with subject

nsid
Hi all,

I just discovered this weird situation.

I have two records.

The first one has this subject:
650 $aMass Media

The second one has this subject:
650 $aMass Media $zGreat Britain

Searching in webopac using subject-index and search term "Media" I am getting the two records, which is what we expect.

Here is the problem:

As you see the subject facet section, we have two subjects "Mass Media". The system doesn't display the $z field that the one subject has.

Furthermore, when I click on the record that has the "650 $aMass Media $zGreat Britain" I am not able to see the subject:

If i click on marc tags I can see it.

My opinion is that the subject facet section should show the 650$a once, including all the other subjects that have other subfields.

If someone finds the record with the subject 650$aMass Media$zGreat Britain and he wants to see other records with this subject, he can click the subject-link from the full description of the record and he will other records with the specific subject.

I hope I was clear :) (but I doubt)

Re: Problem with subject

Verus Open Source Support
Very clear. We are simulating the same data here. Will update you shortly.

On 09/13/2011 03:47 PM, nsid [via NewGenLib] wrote:
[...]

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Problem-with-subject-tp6786929p6786929.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.