SDI profile (subscribe to alerts)

pedroparkero
Good day! I haven't tried out creating an SDI profile yet, because I don't know what I should put in the "SDI query" box. It doesn't need a format, does it? Patrons should just input keywords there and they are set? Does it behave like a "free text" search for all items in the library? Does it take boolean expressions?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: SDI profile (subscribe to alerts)

Verus Open Source Support
Simple CQL will work.
subject="Biological sciences"

However we would like to change the SDI module completely. Any suggestions would be helpful

On 09/08/2011 11:46 AM, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Good day! I haven't tried out creating an SDI profile yet, because I don't know what I should put in the SDI query box. It doesn't need a format, is it? Patrons should just input keywords there and they are set?

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/SDI-profile-subscribe-to-alerts-tp6770647p6770647.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: SDI profile (subscribe to alerts)

nsid
Hi, as I 've seen in systems and I really liked it the SDI queries were based on the indexes. So you just selected a index (usually was the "All words" or "Anywhere") or a combination and the query was stored.

Re: SDI profile (subscribe to alerts)

pedroparkero
How about make it appear like the options in advanced search with AND/OR expressions? with options to add search limits/keywords/class numbers as many as the user wants.
Or better yet, how about ability to save many profiles in one account? In case of users with varied interests. Example implementation model are filters in Yahoo Mail or Gmail inbox. And please add option to get alerted when material is added in a certain sublocation.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: SDI profile (subscribe to alerts)

nsid
In a big retail system I saw these two options:

1) Selecting (x) days for being informed (frequency)
2) Selecting (x) items for being informed. For example, inform me only if you have 5 new books of my interest. This feature is great in big libraries.

Re: SDI profile (subscribe to alerts)

Verus Open Source Support
Hi,
Thank you very much for the inputs
Will share the design specs once we start revamping the SDI module
Regards
Siddartha

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/SDI-profile-subscribe-to-alerts-tp6770647p6771310.html