Search problem

Re: Search problem

pedroparkero
Hi!
To update, I still can't get a hit using "cliche" as a keyword. Although if I use "clich*" the target book appears. This makes me want to learn if there are any other special characters besides the asterisk in the OPAC search? This is in preparation for an OPAC manual to be distributed to users.

Also, could it be that the ">" and the "<" in the year of publication in the search limits might be interchanged? When I input the year, e.g., 2000, in the first field and select ">" which means "greater than" I would expect that the results will give me materials published 1999 & below, because that's the solution to "2000 > ___" and the opposite goes to "2000 < ____" where if I clicked "<" I would expect that the results would give me 2001 and above. Although maybe it's just what I am used to and this might be the standard or a regional thing.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Search problem

pedroparkero
Also, another problem I am encountering is that when I use Advanced Search and give a keyword to the first field, select "subject" then select "OR" and lastly give a different keyword to the second field and selected "Subject" again, I always get the "The Server is presently overloaded" error.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Search problem

Verus Open Source Support
We are checking this. We will get back you on the same

On 04/23/2012 01:26 PM, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Also, another problem I am encountering is that when I use Advanced Search and give a keyword to the first field, select "subject" then select "OR" and lastly give a different keyword to the second field and selected "Subject" again, I always get the "The Server is presently overloaded" error.
NAML

Re: Search problem

Kumaraswamy
In Acquisitions, Search By Title to display Title, Publisher, Edition, ISBN, Copies, but not display Author. Tell me solution
12