Up-gradation of NGL (2.1.2 to 2.5)

Ashok Kumar Satapathy
Namaskar Sir,
I am working with 2.1.2 version, presently I want to up-grade my system to 2.5 for that I need your best help.

1. What is the advantage in 2.5 version, comparing to 2.1.2?
2.Can I restore the database captured from 2.1.2 version?
3. Is it necessary to take any specific precaution to install 2.5 version or same principle like 2.1.2?

Expecting your early reply.

Ashok

Re: Up-gradation of NGL (2.1.2 to 2.5)

Verus Open Source Support
Two simple steps
Stop your NewGenLib server before you start this process.

1. Download the database script file from http://sourceforge.net/projects/newgenlib/files/NewGenLib/version2.2/scripts2_2From2_1.txt/download
And execute this using psql
2. Download newgenlib .ear from http://sourceforge.net/projects/newgenlib/files/NewGenLib/version2.5/newgenlib.ear/download
Remove your old newgenlib.ear(in your deploy directory) and put the downloaded one

Start the NewGenLib server

Verus Solutions open source customer support,
http://www.newgenlib.com

Follow us on
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/newgenlib
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=79908826327
Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1945351
Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.com/newgenlib
Videos: http://www.metacafe.com/channels/newgenlib/
Become a member of our community: http://newgenlib.spruz.com

On Wednesday 22 September 2010 10:19 AM, Ashok Kumar Satapathy [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Namaskar Sir,
I am working with 2.1.2 version, presently I want to up-grade my system to 2.5 for that I need your best help.

1. What is the advantage in 2.5 version, comparing to 2.1.2?
2.Can I restore the database captured from 2.1.2 version?
3. Is it necessary to take any specific precaution to install 2.5 version or same principle like 2.1.2?

Expecting your early reply.

Ashok

View message @ http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Up-gradation-of-NGL-2-1-2-to-2-5-tp5557657p5557657.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Up-gradation of NGL (2.1.2 to 2.5)

Ashok Kumar Satapathy
Thanks, for your early reply. I am not able to understand that, what is the procedure to execute the script with psql

I mean to say as per your instruction I have download the required file, but executing the file using psql...?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/newgenlib/files/NewGenLib/version2.2/scripts2_2From2_1.txt/download

Please guide me how to do the procedure?

Ashok

Re: Up-gradation of NGL (2.1.2 to 2.5)

Verus Open Source Support
Hi,
1. Download the txt file from the link provided http://sourceforge.net/projects/newgenlib/files/NewGenLib/version2.2/scripts2_2From2_1.txt/download.
2. A file named scripts2_2From2_1.txt will be downloaded.
3. Place the above file in your c: drive
4. Now open terminal. Means "command prompt". In Windows XP, click on Start -> Run. Enter cmd and press run. This will open a black window
5. Now change your directory to bin directory of Postgresql. cd C:/Program files/postgresql/8.0/bin
6. Now enter the command psql -d newgenlib -U postgres
7. The above command will ask for password. Enter newgenlib as password
8. Now psql will connect to newgenlib database and you can see newgenlib# prompt
9. Now enter \i C:/scripts2_2From2_1.txt
10. You will find a few commands getting executed

I suggest you take the help of your system administrator who will be well versed with command prompt.
Regards

View message @ http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Up-gradation-of-NGL-2-1-2-to-2-5-tp5557657p5561909.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Up-gradation of NGL (2.1.2 to 2.5)

Ashok Kumar Satapathy
Thanks for your immediate support. I have followed your instruction and do the up gradation work successfully.

But, still I am waiting for your answer. What is the features of 2.5 version. I mean to say, what additional feature we can avail comparing to old version.  Plz. guide me...

Expecting your early reply

Ashok