Version 3.0 series released

verussolutions
Administrator
Greetings  from Verus Solutions.

We are happy to inform you that now 2800 libraries are using NGL OSS.
We would like to inform you that NGL v3.0 stable is available to download.
The new features of NGL v3.0 are…..

   1. It runs on latest technologies like JAVA 6.0, Apache-Tomcat 3.0, Spring Frame work, Hibernate & Postgresql 8.3.
   2. NGL v3.0 now uses Solr search engine for bibliographic & authority data searches, Which means that irrespective of the size of your database, results are retrieved in fraction of seconds.
   3. We have introduces free mobile alerts. At the time of checking out & checking in of book’s, SMS will be sent to the user’s mobile. The feature is currently available in INDIA only.
   4. NGL OPAC now supports
          * Display of book covers & Google preview.
          * Display of content like Table of contents, Reviews from Synthetics.
          * Support for ZOTERO to help your research scholars & students doing projects to create bibliographic references from library OPAC .
          * Search engines like Google, yahoo can now search your library catalogue through sitemaps.
   5. NLG Desktop now has speedy report generation through generation CSV files, you have to experience the speed of huge reports like stock verification report & Accession Register.
   6. You can now create & share catalogue records with other libraries in the world through Open Catalogue.
   7. The all new Technical Processing Module now has data entry templates which are customizable & look like Excel sheets. This new feature increases the quality & speed of cataloger.

We are now hosting NGL Knowledge Bank at www.verussolutions.biz/kb

This site has screen casts as video files to help you to use NGL easily.

Our objective is to make library management powerful.

Download the latest version of NGL v3.0 at http://www.verussolutions.biz/kb/installationNew
Detailed installation of NGL v3.0 is available at http://www.verussolutions.biz/kb/installationNew
Upgradation from v2.0 to v3.0 is available at http://www.verussolutions.biz/kb/node/27
If you have any problems in upgradation or installation of NGL v3.0, We are here to help you. There are no charges & no conditions.
Contact us : Email: atyourservice@verussolutions.biz , suresh@verussolutions.biz  , raghu@verussolutions.biz

Telephone:+91- 74167 83719,+91- 74167 82119,+91- 88971 93544,040-27719161/ 62.

NGL is available under a free widely used Open Source License GNU GPL v3.
Source code is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/newgenlib >code>svnbrowse>NGLlworkingcopy.

Re: Version 3.0 series released

ramesh, g.
WHAT IS ZOTERO

On 6/22/11, verussolutions [via NewGenLib]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings  from Verus Solutions.
>
> We are happy to inform you that now 2800 libraries are using NGL OSS.
> We would like to inform you that NGL v3.0 stable is available to download.
> The new features of NGL v3.0 are…..
>
>    1. It runs on latest technologies like JAVA 6.0, Apache-Tomcat 3.0,
> Spring Frame work, Hibernate & Postgresql 8.3.
>    2. NGL v3.0 now uses Solr search engine for bibliographic & authority
> data searches, Which means that irrespective of the size of your database,
> results are retrieved in fraction of seconds.
>    3. We have introduces free mobile alerts. At the time of checking out &
> checking in of book’s, SMS will be sent to the user’s mobile. The feature is
> currently available in INDIA only.
>    4. NGL OPAC now supports
>           * Display of book covers & Google preview.
>           * Display of content like Table of contents, Reviews from
> Synthetics.
>           * Support for ZOTERO to help your research scholars & students
> doing projects to create bibliographic references from library OPAC .
>           * Search engines like Google, yahoo can now search your library
> catalogue through sitemaps.
>    5. NLG Desktop now has speedy report generation through generation CSV
> files, you have to experience the speed of huge reports like stock
> verification report & Accession Register.
>    6. You can now create & share catalogue records with other libraries in
> the world through Open Catalogue.
>    7. The all new Technical Processing Module now has data entry templates
> which are customizable & look like Excel sheets. This new feature increases
> the quality & speed of cataloger.
>
> We are now hosting NGL Knowledge Bank at www.verussolutions.biz/kb
>
> This site has screen casts as video files to help you to use NGL easily.
>
> Our objective is to make library management powerful.
>

> Download the latest version of NGL v3.0 at
> http://www.verussolutions.biz/kb/installationNew
> Detailed installation of NGL v3.0 is available at
> http://www.verussolutions.biz/kb/installationNew
> Upgradation from v2.0 to v3.0 is available at
> http://www.verussolutions.biz/kb/node/27
> If you have any problems in upgradation or installation of NGL v3.0, We are
> here to help you. There are no charges & no conditions.
> Contact us : Email: [hidden email] ,
> [hidden email]  , [hidden email]
>
> Telephone:+91- 74167 83719,+91- 74167 82119,+91- 88971 93544,040-27719161/
> 62.
>
> NGL is available under a free widely used Open Source License GNU GPL v3.
> Source code is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/newgenlib
>>code>svnbrowse>NGLlworkingcopy.

G. Ramesh
Librarian
Vikas College of Engg & Tech.
NUNNA - 521 212
Vijayawada Rural
Krishna Dist., A.P.
Cell: 9441527540

Re: Version 3.0 series released

verussolutions
Administrator
Zotero [zoh-TAIR-oh] is a free, easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share your research sources. It lives right where you do your work—in the web browser itself.
Courtesy: http://www.zotero.org/
Please visit http://www.zotero.org/. It also has videos explaining its features.

Re: Version 3.0 series released

pedroparkero
Hello! Can this be successfully installed in Windows 7 64-bit edition? I've been following the directions in the new Knowledge Bank but when I enter http://localhost:8080/newgenlibctxt in my browser, it just gives an Apache Tomcat 404 error: "The requested resource () is not available." Even though the server is running and all... :(

Plus, even though I haven't reached the "Launching NGL Librarian's Interface" instructions in the NGL KB yet, the first step there says "Click on this link", but there's no link. Just so you know.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Version 3.0 series released

verussolutions
Administrator
Yes, This can be installed on Windows 7 64 bit also. Please do the following checks
1. Run NGL3 Server
2. Please check if this link is working. http://localhost:8080/newgenlibctxt . You must get a tomcat home page. If this is working it means that your Tomcat Server (NGL3 Server is running)
3. Now check if there is a file named web.war in C:/NewGenLibFiles
4. Also, there must be file(s) named newgenlibctxt.xml, apache-solr-bib.xml, apache-solr-auth.xml in <Chosen Installation Directory>/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/conf/Catalina/localhost directory
5. Also, One last question, Are you doing a new installation or are you upgrading an existing installation?

Regards
NGL Support

Re: Version 3.0 series released

pedroparkero
This is a new installation. Even though I successfully installed it on my workstation at the office, Version 2.5 also did not work in my laptop's Win7 system, so I uninstalled all components and deleted the installed files. Which is why I don't have C:/NewGenLibFiles, as version 3 installs the files in C:\NGL302. Is this why it isn't working? Should there really be a C:/NewGenLibFiles folder?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Version 3.0 series released

verussolutions
Administrator
The binary hosted earlier had the problem of creating a new NewGenLibFiles directory(in case of a new installation) in the C: drive. This problem was identified and a new binary has been hosted. Can you please download the InstallNGL302.zip file again?
Also the Installation page in the NGL KB has been rectified.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards
NGL Customer Support

Re: Version 3.0 series released

pedroparkero
It now works! Thanks for the help! :-)
And it's no inconvenience. I'm glad I'm part of this community that is borne out of a system that gives less-fortunate libraries a great option. Keep it up!

But a parting question before I explore the new version:  Both Install & Upgrade instructions in the NGL KB says to use the Upgrade.bat batch file in the D:/InstallNGL3.0 folder. Is that right? Because I used Install.bat, and it works. Will there be any difference in performance?

Anyway, thanks again...
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Version 3.0 series released

pedroparkero
Another question: Do we use the 2.5 version files to install NGL End-of-Day process & Desktop application? How about the installation of client? Is it still the same? Thanks.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Version 3.0 series released

verussolutions
Administrator
Installation of Clients(s)
1. Download JRE 1.6 from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre-6u26-download-400751.html .
2. Install JRE
3. Open browser and type http://<ip address of the server>:8080/newgenlibctxt/LaunchApplication

Installation of new NGL Desktop
Open browser and type http://<ip address of the server>:8080/desktop/Launch

There is no change in NGL End of day process

Re: Version 3.0 series released

pedroparkero
Thank you for the answers.

Please let me ask another question: Is Vufind still supported in this new version? And if it is, is the installation still the same as in this manual: http://www.verussolutions.biz/files/NewGenLibVufind.pdf ?

Administrator
Yes. The installation instructions still hold good

Re: Version 3.0 series released

pedroparkero
I'd like to know where does the system get the book covers so that I may be able to learn if the database can accept contributions, please. (To complete unavailable images.)
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Version 3.0 series released

Verus Solutions Support
NGL302/BookCovers directory
Save the book cover with ISBN.jpg

On 08/31/2011 04:02 PM, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib] wrote:
I'd like to know where does the system get the book covers so that I may be able to learn if the database can accept contributions, please. (To complete unavailable images.)

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Version-3-0-series-released-tp6502978p6745946.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Version 3.0 series released

pedroparkero
Yes, but that's only in my installation. But where is the source of the usual covers? Is it a community? Can somebody share them book covers so that many will benefit?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Version 3.0 series released

Verus Open Source Support
Right now covers are picked up from
1. Google books
2. librarything.com
3. openlibrary.org
4. Syndetics (paid subscription)

On 09/02/2011 02:05 PM, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Yes, but that's only in my installation. But where is the source of the usual covers? Is it a community? Can somebody can share them book covers so that many will benefit?

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Version-3-0-series-released-tp6502978p6753174.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: Version 3.0 series released

pedroparkero
Ok, thanks for the info!
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Version 3.0 series released

ramesh, g.
where i will get NGL302

On 9/5/11, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, thanks for the info!

G. Ramesh
Librarian
Vikas College of Engg & Tech.
NUNNA - 521 212
Vijayawada Rural
Krishna Dist., A.P.
Cell: 9441527540

There is a download link in the installation instructions: http://www.verussolutions.biz/kb/installationNew
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: Version 3.0 series released

basediag
how to add book cover in Ngl3.0

Govind Basedia
Librarian
RIT,Indore
Mob.No.09425349373

On 09/02/2011 02:05 PM, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Yes, but that's only in my installation. But where is the source of the usual covers? Is it a community? Can somebody can share them book covers so that many will benefit?

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Version-3-0-series-released-tp6502978p6753174.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

NewGenLib Open Source Support
Verus Solutions

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/Version-3-0-series-released-tp6502978p6760148.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.
12