[WebOpac] [Cataloguing] ISBN / Covers

nsid
Hi all,

As we all know the covers are related to the ISBN number. I just noticed that having a parenthesis in the ISBN field the WebOpac doesn't show the cover.

For example:

Let's say the ISBN is 960xxxxxxx (vol. 2) or 960xxxxxxx (set) or 960xxxxxxx (acid-free paper).
In all these cases the cover is not displayed.

Maybe one idea is to make the code that relates the field with the jpeg file not to read the parenthesis.

It is not a major issue, I describe it just for the development.

Re: [WebOpac] [Cataloguing] ISBN / Covers

nsid
hmm...I just tested a case that it did displayed the cover even with an existed parenthesis. Weird...

Re: [WebOpac] [Cataloguing] ISBN / Covers

nsid
Ok...got it

The problem occurs when inside the parenthesis are non-latin characters.

Re: [WebOpac] [Cataloguing] ISBN / Covers

Verus Open Source Support
Before fetching the image for ISBN from external source, the system picks all the numbers (and character 'X' if available) and filters out rest of the characters. In the example 960xxxxxxx (vol. 2), digit 2 after vol. must also have been added along with rest of the digits of the ISBN

On 10/18/2011 01:51 PM, nsid [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Ok...got it

The problem occurs when inside the parenthesis are non-latin characters.

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/WebOpac-Cataloguing-ISBN-Covers-tp6903646p6903696.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: [WebOpac] [Cataloguing] ISBN / Covers

nsid
Ah...Perfect explanation.

Thank you!