What is recommended postgresql connection count for NGL?

What is recommended postgresql connection count for NGL?

Angel
This post was updated on .
Hi,
I had a new NGL(3.1.2) server setup early this year on *inx system with postgresql 8.4.20
but lately NGL server had some issue in postgresql, postgres process consumed whole lot of memory
for a certain amount of time. When there's memory usage spikes,
database server need be restarted and NGL server went back to normal.
During those memory usage spikes, users even cannot access to the NGL web front.
I am not sure it also has effect on tomcat.

Symptoms:

NGL_Client

NGL_Desktop

NGL_Workbench

PGAdminIII

Temporary Solution:
Increase max_connection count from default "100" to "200"
Increase shared_buffer size from default "24" to "128" MB

Progress After Setting Update (10-May-2018)~(13-May-2018)

However I would like to request expertise advice on postgresql connection counts per user ratio so that I can properly do necessary adjustment.
Thanks.
Angel