"barcode number exists" message

Locked 3 messages Options

"barcode number exists" message

vivekkhushrang
I am trying to enter a barcode in a new installation, but every time I try, there is a message that the barcode number already exists.  This happens even after clicking on the red "v" results in a message that the barcode number can be used.  I have tried setting up accession series as well as entering numbers directly, but nothing seems to work. Is this an sql server problem or a problem with our use of the program?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Re: "barcode number exists" message

Verus Open Source Support
Hi,
The most probable reason for this is: You must be using newgenlib.ear of version 2.2, but your database schema is of version 2.1
I hope you have executed the scripts available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/newgenlib/files/NewGenLib/version2.2/scripts2_2From2_1.txt/download
Executing the above scripts will upgrade your database schema from version 2.1 to version 2.2
Use the psql tool of postgres to execute the database script downloaded from above link

Verus Solutions open source customer support,
http://www.newgenlib.com

Follow us on
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/newgenlib
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=79908826327
Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1945351
Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.com/newgenlib
Videos: http://www.metacafe.com/channels/newgenlib/
Become a member of our community: http://newgenlib.spruz.com

On Friday 02 July 2010 07:12 PM, vivekkhushrang [via NewGenLib] wrote:
I am trying to enter a barcode in a new installation, but every time I try, there is a message that the barcode number already exists.  This happens even after clicking on the red "v" results in a message that the barcode number can be used.  I have tried setting up accession series as well as entering numbers directly, but nothing seems to work. Is this an sql server problem or a problem with our use of the program?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

View message @ http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/barcode-number-exists-message-tp5247763p5247763.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: "barcode number exists" message

vivekkhushrang
Thank you sir,
You was right, that was the problem. I have done it what you have suggest and the problem is solved.....  but a another problenm is also comming when i try to save a catalogue entry ..it is like below....
As a trial when I entered some titles in the Acquisition module as described in your manual. But when I come to Technical Processing, I am  facing some problem. After Saving the entry to the database it give the msg that catalogue saved sucessfully but when I press 'ok' I am getting a new window called "Ennum Chrono Dialog" (blank). Afterwards we are not able to proceed.

The Enum chrono dialog shows the Error "Please contact vendor"
How can I solve this ploblem?

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Verus Open Source Support [via NewGenLib] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

View message @ http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/barcode-number-exists-message-tp5247763p5254837.html
To unsubscribe from "barcode number exists" message, click here.

--
Thanks and Regards
-Vivek Mishra