can't delete an empty record w/ no item

pedroparkero
Good day! What should I do with a duplicate record with no holdings or accession number attached to it that seems undeleteable? The system keeps saying "Transactional data associated with the catalogue record" but as I have said, it has no holdings data. I have also tried "delete and append holdings" even though there is no holdings to speak of, and it still cannot be deleted, giving me the same error message.
I usually just paste a new record there and append another different item, but is there a way that it can be actually deleted?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: can't delete an empty record w/ no item

Verus Solutions Support
Is it a catalog record of a Book or a journal?

On 08/23/2011 11:49 AM, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Good day! What should I do with a duplicate record with no holdings or accession number attached to it that seems undeleteable? The system keeps saying "Transactional data associated with the catalogue record" but as I have said, it has no holdings data. I have also tried "delete and append holdings" even though there is no holdings to speak of, and it still cannot be deleted, giving me the same error message.
I usually just paste a new record there and append another different item, but is there a way that it can be actually deleted?

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/can-t-delete-an-empty-record-w-no-item-tp6714917p6714917.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: can't delete an empty record w/ no item

pedroparkero
It's a bibliographic record of a book.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: can't delete an empty record w/ no item

Verus Open Source Support
We are unable to replicate the same problem at development center. Can you please send us the MARC Tagged format of that record.

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/can-t-delete-an-empty-record-w-no-item-tp6714917p6715682.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: can't delete an empty record w/ no item

pedroparkero
It happens in every record.

"Delete" and "Delete and append holdings" doesn't work in a record that contains an accessioned item too and the same error "Transactional data associated with catalogue record" appears even though we haven't done any transactions with it yet. Right now we have to delete the accessioned item in holdings before we are able to delete the whole record.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: can't delete an empty record w/ no item

Verus Open Source Support
May be we need to see the database. Can you please email the database backup to [hidden email]
We are unable to replicate the problem at development site

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/can-t-delete-an-empty-record-w-no-item-tp6714917p6755733.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: can't delete an empty record w/ no item

pedroparkero
Email sent! Sorry it took so long, I don't have constant access to our server room.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: can't delete an empty record w/ no item

Verus Open Source Support
Received. We are testing it.
Thank you

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/can-t-delete-an-empty-record-w-no-item-tp6714917p6771516.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: can't delete an empty record w/ no item

Problem solved.
There is a table cataloguerecordfulltextindex, that used to hold full-text searching in earlier versions of NewGenLib. Which ofcourse is now moved to Solr. So when you trying to delete a record, it is also trying to delete the related entry in this table. I found out from your database that this table is not created. Though we put it in sql scripts to create this table automatically, some how in your case it did not happen

Please open Pgadmin3, select newgenlib database. Click on SQL button, paste below query and execute it. Once the table is created, its done. You can now delete catalogue records

CREATE TABLE cataloguerecordfulltextindex
(
  fulltext char(1),
  cataloguerecordid integer NOT NULL,
  owner_library_id integer NOT NULL,
  CONSTRAINT pk_cataloguerecordfulltextindex PRIMARY KEY (cataloguerecordid, owner_library_id)
);

On 09/08/2011 05:31 PM, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Email sent! Sorry it took so long, I don't have constant access to our server room.

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/can-t-delete-an-empty-record-w-no-item-tp6714917p6771516.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: can't delete an empty record w/ no item

pedroparkero
Okay, I can delete records now. Thank you very much...
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.