cannot reserve!

pedroparkero
When I click reserve in an item in OPAC, it just goes to a page without any message. When I click My transactions, nothing shows on the reservation details and of course when I go to cancel reservations the message "No reservations are available for this patron". Please help.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: cannot reserve!

Verus Open Source Support
Problem identified. Nightly build will be ready by end of the day

On 10/05/2011 12:06 PM, pedroparkero [via NewGenLib] wrote:
When I click reserve in an item in OPAC, it just goes to a page without any message. When I click My transactions, nothing shows on the reservation details and of course when I go to cancel reservations the message "No reservations are available for this patron". Please help.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/cannot-reserve-tp6861161p6861161.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: cannot reserve!

pedroparkero
Alright! Looking forward to it. :-D
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: cannot reserve!

Verus Open Source Support
The nightly build has been hosted. Instructions including updated links are available at
http://www.verussolutions.biz/kb/installNightlyBuilds

Let me know the feedback

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/cannot-reserve-tp6861161p6861264.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: cannot reserve!

pedroparkero
Hi! I have updated and it appears to be working now, as the message "available in the library" is displayed when reserving a non-borrowed book, and "contact the librarian" when a user's circulation matrix has yet to be defined. I have yet to do some simulations to be sure, though.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: cannot reserve!

pedroparkero
Okay, in my simulation I'm getting "number of loans exceeds patron's privilege" error. The problem is, the patron hasn't borrowed anything yet. and the loan limit in the matrix is more than zero (the overall & not). Any ideas why?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: cannot reserve!

Verus Solutions Support
1. All the items of the Title must be checked out. Only then reservations are allowed
2. Check Administration -> Configure System-> General setup parameters->Circulation section->Reservation queue factor
Means that the max size of reservation queue on a title=Number of copies x Reservation queue factor
Make this value 7
3.Check Administration -> Configure System-> General setup parameters->Circulation section->Max number of reservations by a patron. Increase it to 10

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/cannot-reserve-tp6861161p6861566.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.

Re: cannot reserve!

pedroparkero
Okay, I'm sorry but my latest problem now is not in reservation but in the check out module itself. The patron hasn't borrowed anything yet but I'm getting "number of loans exceeds patron's privilege" error.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: cannot reserve!

Verus Open Source Support
We are checking the same

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/cannot-reserve-tp6861161p6861978.html