connect with branch Library

Jayakananthan
Hi Sir, We have another branch Library (Aesthetics Studies Library) their ready to connect with our database
so what is best way to connect two library in one server.
for example in opac front page user choose option
 1- Health Care Library
 2- Aesthetics Studies Library
 please  help me.
M.Jayakananthan
System Analyst
Library Network
Eastern University
Sri Lanka.

Re: connect with branch Library

Verus Open Source Support
Hi,
Do you have common users? Or the set of users of that library are different from the users of this library?

On 11/17/2011 12:17 PM, jaya somu [via NewGenLib] wrote:
Hi Sir, We have another branch Library (Aesthetics Studies Library) their ready to connect with our database
so what is best way to connect two library in one server.
for example in opac front page user choose option
 1- Health Care Library
 2- Aesthetics Studies Library
 please  help me.

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/connect-with-branch-Library-tp7002986p7002986.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.
NAML

Re: connect with branch Library

Jayakananthan
we have common users
M.Jayakananthan
System Analyst
Library Network
Eastern University
Sri Lanka.

Re: connect with branch Library

Verus Open Source Support
In that case defining a separate library will be a overhead procedure
Please follow Sub-locations
Create a sub location called Aesthetics Studies library
Rename existing sub location General reading to Health Care Library
And while cataloging a record associate with the appropriate sub location

On 11/17/2011 01:00 PM, jaya somu [via NewGenLib] wrote:
we have common users

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/connect-with-branch-Library-tp7002986p7003074.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.
NAML

Re: connect with branch Library

Jayakananthan
Hi Sir,
I didn't understood please explain clearly.
M.Jayakananthan
System Analyst
Library Network
Eastern University
Sri Lanka.

Re: connect with branch Library

Verus Open Source Support
Hi,
Facts (Requirements)
1. We have two library buildings. a. Health Care Library  b. Aesthetics Studies Library
2. Users (Students) visit both the libraries to take books from both the libraries
3. We must have only one server installation
4. We must have a combined catalog of both the libraries

Now, are my presumptions right?

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/connect-with-branch-Library-tp7002986p7003614.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.
NAML

Re: connect with branch Library

Jayakananthan
we have separate servers one in Health Care Library another one Aesthetics Studies Library
M.Jayakananthan
System Analyst
Library Network
Eastern University
Sri Lanka.

Re: connect with branch Library

Verus Open Source Support
It means you are going to do 2 different installations of NewGenLib. Right?

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/connect-with-branch-Library-tp7002986p7003753.html
To start a new topic under NewGenLib, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NewGenLib, click here.
NAML

Re: connect with branch Library

Jayakananthan
Now NGL install only Healthcare Library.
you suggest me what is best way to connect these two library.
(we have another server with out NGL, last month we purchased two new server for this purpose.
So our Director very much expect from me regards this software)
M.Jayakananthan
System Analyst
Library Network
Eastern University
Sri Lanka.

Re: connect with branch Library

Verus Solutions Support
Hi
Its much simple now
Pls do 2 different server installations for both the systems
Both will be individual systems

Later we will build a union catalog of both of the databases using vufind
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

From: "jaya somu [via NewGenLib]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:11:17 -0800 (PST)
To: Verus Solutions Support<[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: connect with branch Library

http://newgenlib.2944635.n2.nabble.com/connect-with-branch-Library-tp7002986p7006934.html
NAML

Re: connect with branch Library

Jayakananthan
There is any possible way to do this task using one server..
I mean..
one is host library another one is associate library
M.Jayakananthan
System Analyst
Library Network
Eastern University