not privileged to access this function. Contact the system administrator

not privileged to access this function. Contact the system administrator

pedroparkero
Hi, I'm user '1' and I recently changed my password from 'abc' to something longer. Now I can't configure library settings and it keeps saying "Contact the system administrator". But I AM the system administrator. X-D How can I solve this? Thanks.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: not privileged to access this function. Contact the system administrator

Darshangera
Hi,
You can create another user with administrative privilege and try the functionality. If it works fine, then may be some settings for 1 user only have changed.
Hope it helps.

Re: not privileged to access this function. Contact the system administrator

Please run this query using your pgadmin3

update patron set patron_type'A' where patron_id='1';

Now try to login

Re: not privileged to access this function. Contact the system administrator

pedroparkero
I'm sorry if I'm such a noob, but, how do I run this query using pgAdmin III?
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: not privileged to access this function. Contact the system administrator

Verus Open Source Support
Assuming that your are using Windows
1. Click on Start -> Programs -> Postgresql 8 -> pgAdmin III
2. On the right hand side you will see the server name (with a red cross). Double click on it and give the password
3. Now Navigate to Database, newgenlib. Select the database named newgenlib, and press on sql button(Pencil icon) on the top
4. Now a sql editor window will open. Paste the query that is sent and press F5 or green traingle button (Play) on the top of the window
5. You will get a message, query executed successfully....

6. Now login into NewGenLib

Re: not privileged to access this function. Contact the system administrator

pedroparkero
Oh wait, I discovered the query tool under the Tools menu.

Anyway, the query you gave me is giving me syntax error warnings, so I changed it to:

update patron set patron_type='A' where patron_id='1';

but still when I try to change the settings in NGL I get the same message. Still not privileged...
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: not privileged to access this function. Contact the system administrator

Verus Open Source Support
Did you change the patron_category of the System Administrator?
I am attaching a sql file with this posting. Open this sql file with your pgadmin3 sql editor.
The first query is single line one. But second one is large one. Irrespective of this just click on the play button after you open this query
privileges.sql

Re: not privileged to access this function. Contact the system administrator

pedroparkero
It works! Thank you very much! :-D

And yeah, I may have restricted myself when I was fiddling with patron categories... >,<
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.