tomcat server keeps stopping

pedroparkero
Does anyone have any idea why, after a while, the NGL server .bat file that is installed in our XP machine hangs up and when we close it and restart, it doesn't start anymore? I captured the error as "JAVA_HOME" missing, when we didn't change the environment variable and it's still there. After we delete the still correct "JAVA_HOME" and create a new one and re-type the same address of the java folder, the server runs again.

It already happened twice, and I fear that it may become a cycle and it will happen again in maybe 10 hours. So I hope any of you guys know why it happened so I can prevent it in the future.

Thanks in advance...
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Re: tomcat server keeps stopping

Verus Open Source Support
Hi,
Firstly, I hope you are placing JAVA_HOME variable in the System variable area and not in User variable area

Secondly,  Please check dbconnection.xml file in C:/NewGenLibFiles/HibernateConfig. Can you see these parameters
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.min_size">15</property>
  <property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_size">50</property>
  <property name="hibernate.c3p0.timeout">300</property>
  <property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_statements">50</property>
  <property name="hibernate.c3p0.idle_test_period">3000</property>

They will appear in lines 19-23 approximately
The above lines create a connection pool using c3p tool. This facility was available from 3.0.2. Earlier version used Hibernate connection pool, which resulted in server getting hanged.

Thirdly, What is the RAM size of the server? Using JAVA_OPTS we can increase the size of memory used by Java to run Tomcat server.

Lastly but importantly, hope the anti-virus is updated and fully functional.

Re: tomcat server keeps stopping

pedroparkero
The JAVA_HOME variable is a system variable and I see the parameters in our HibernateConfig.
The RAM size of the server is 1.5GB. If it needs it, please tell me how to increase the memory consumed by Java. Thanks...
With great knowledge comes great responsibility.